The TONA T20/40 SUT step-up transformer, is targeted enthusiasts and intended for moving-coil type cartridges. These traditionally provide a very low signal, and are difficult to amplify without noise.
The transformer is a match for tube amplifiers, as the very high gain at 1:40 can be an advantage at low volume, and can also be used with a (tube) MM RIAA with a good dynamic range at high levels.
At the same time, 1:20 with a more all-round gain, is usable for most cartridges with low output.
Tona T 20/40 has two separate inputs with separate windings on the primary side.
• Two inputs 1:20 and 1:40
• Connectors can be customized as well the choice of balanced / unbalanced operation
(Contact Sallingboe Audio for further details)
• Laminated soft iron case with 8 to 20 mm overall thickness
• Wideband toroidal nanocrystalline transformers wound inhouse
• Primary resistance 0.13 Ω (1:40)
• Secondary resistance 35 Ω (1:40)
• The transformers are induction matched in stereo pairs before and after winding
• Low noise and wide frequency spectrum -3dB 5Hz-90kHz at 4Ω/10KΩ
• Matched in stereo 0.2 dB 20Hz-20kHz
• Litz primary winding
• Connectors : Rhodium plated RCA connectors, gold plated XLR connectors
• Stable heavy base accepts all XLR and RCA cables
• Tested individually
• CE and ROHS approved
• 2 years warranty
• Hand made in Aarhus, Denmark